7 replies to this topic

#1 GoldMember

GoldMember

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys, it has been way too long since my last visit to BKK!
Now that I have setteled into parenthood, I feel again the need to visit my favourite city in the world. My partner and I have a new agreement in which I am entitled for 2 solo sex trips a year. After returning last week from Barcelona I am now planning my next one, preferably to BKK.

I have for this a long weekend which I will dedicate fully to BKK. Trip goals are circuit parties and sex. My question for those experienced in sex and party BKK travel: which is better, White Party or Songkran? Any thoughts or advice? I know it is a little early for this but I need to start planning if I am going for new year's evening. Having a baby (which is great! BTW haha) makes planning more difficult.

Off topic - Sauna Thermas in Barcelona is rentboy heaven. I have never seen or been in such a place. For 50 euros short time you get to fuck muscle gods that resemble or even better than those in Tawan. And, in my opinion, they are way more sexual. Highly recommended!

#2 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,393 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:28 AM

Welcome back, long time no hear from  you ! I guess more than 1 year.

Glad to hear parenthood is going very well.

As for your question hope numazu will chip in as he has experience  for comparison of  both. If you have a time read his trips reports from both end of year 2016 trip and Songkran this year  which you being busy parent could overlook here. 

#3 Alexx

Alexx

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Great to hear you'll be back soon!

I think the Songkran circuit parties are more fun and I'm a fan of Songkran in general. Others basically hate it and that obviously makes quite a difference.

For NYE, on the other hand, for me Bangkok doesn't stand out as a place to be. In fact I often escape Bangkok over New Years and go elsewhere.

#4 ozmouse

ozmouse

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

I really did enjoy the songkran parties and festival this year.   I think big difference here is the number of gayboys flying into town for the event.  some hotels you are not the minority!   If you dont get into the water festival part, yes the town is very disjointed with lots of closures and you not wanted to go outside getting wet.  And dont forget how HOT it is! 

NYE less party party.... and i would suggest the town is also much more chilled with many places closed for the holiday period, streets empty of traffic and fresh clean air at that time of year.   

Both times are my favourite times of year to visit. 

#5 samebb

samebb

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

If you don't mind being soaked head to toe for 3 days then Songkran is the time to come. numazu can advise you on the circuit parties as I have never attended, not my thing. 

Songkran this year was one of the most enjoyable times in recent memory for me. I had the pleasure of spending most of it with some of the board members here and it was fantastic. 

#6 GoldMember

GoldMember

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:49 PM

As for your question hope numazu will chip in as he has experience  for comparison of  both.

numazu can advise you on the circuit parties as I have never attended, not my thing.

I'll try PMing him, maybe he has some advice. 

NYE less party party.... and i would suggest the town is also much more chilled with many places closed for the holiday period, streets empty of traffic and fresh clean air at that time of year.   

This is important! What does it mean "places closed"? Bars? Tawan? I'm not flying 10 hours just to discover my favorite bar closed... 

In general I will add some information that is guiding me. As mentioned, Songkran sounds like the best time of year to come for sex & party. But 2 things are guiding me towards White party on NYE. The first and obvious one is that NYE is only 4.5 months away. The second and more important one (for me), is the DJ lineup. They recently published the DJ lineup of the white party. That lineup is very impressive with some world top DJ's. Also, they have the main DJ unrevealed yet. It is rumored that my favorite DJ is the one: Offer Nissim. If this is true this will make this DJ lineup one of the best I have seen concentrated in one festival. Last year's DJ lineup of Songkran pales in comparison to the White Party's lineup (this is of course also a matter of taste and opinion). 

So it sounds like it is going to be a very good white party. But, if Bangkok and the bars will be closed then maybe it is better to be patient and go for gCircuit on Songkran. Also, If it is true that much more gay guys are coming worldwide that makes it also something to consider. Any more thoughts or advice? 

#7 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,393 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:11 PM

I agree with ozmouse that air is more pleasant at end of year but absolutely don't worry about  bars and other entertainment being closed .

Speaking from experience , in fact my first ever off from Tawan was in the evening of Dec 29 / 2014. This is high season after all. Odd boy may go home at that time but this may happen at any time of the year . So in short again don't worry about any bar closures.

Just make sure you book your hotel in advance if you decide on NYE trip, which by the way doesn't stop you from coming for Songkran since you allowed 2 trips if I recall correctly and Songkran is another year so you can use 2018 limit for that.

#8 GoldMember

GoldMember

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

I agree with ozmouse that air is more pleasant at end of year but absolutely don't worry about bars and other entertainment being closed .
Speaking from experience , in fact my first ever off from Tawan was in the evening of Dec 29 / 2014. This is high season after all. Odd boy may go home at that time but this may happen at any time of the year . So in short again don't worry about any bar closures.

Just make sure you book your hotel in advance if you decide on NYE trip, which by the way doesn't stop you from coming for Songkran since you allowed 2 trips if I recall correctly and Songkran is another year so you can use 2018 limit for that.

I don't need fresh air. I need hot guys haha. Yes, I could do them both this year but I want some diversity in my trips. I thought about WP/Songkran for winter/spring and some european pride or festival for summer/autumn. If I go for WP this year, I'll do Songkran the next year or the year after. I have so many festivals and circuit events I wanna attend, it will take me at least till I am 40 haha. This includes (but not limited) to: White Party Palm Springs, The Week Brazil, Xlsior Mykonos, Mardis Gras Sydney, Taipei Pride, Miami winter party, Montreal Pride, Folsom Berlin and so many more... But all in good time. Now just need to think about WP vs. Songkran. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users