• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

Can anyone help with recommendations for car services between Bangkok and Pattaya? I have seen references in the forum in the past but have searched and can't find them.

My hotel in Bangkok just gave me an eye watering 9000Bt quote and the driver known to the person from whom I am renting a condo in Pattaya only does airport-Pattaya not downtown Bangkok.

#2 rollingstone

rollingstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

I have used the following contact for years and last used it in Dec 2017 for Downtown BKK to Pattya to BKK Airport.

email: toom39@msn.com

Downtown BKK to Pattaya 1200 b/Pattaya to BKK A/P 1000b.

#3 Nasherich

Nasherich

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

900 seems a very good price to me. I suspect it doesn't include tolls. Mr Yo quoted me 1400 inclusive last time

#4 Nasherich

Nasherich

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

Just seen it was 9000 you were quoted. Well yes for that I'd expect a helicopter

#5 stijntje

stijntje

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

Last year I've paid 1100 from Raya Surawong hotel in Bangkok to Ambiance hotel in Pattaya. Serious driver.

P.T.Taxi service Pattaya
340/11 moo.10 3rd road Pattaya Chonburi 20150
Mobile 086-3921240, 085-4449035

#6 z909

z909

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:54 AM

I used Mr Toom for a few years, but ancient taxis & drivers making separate full & pee stops between Pattaya and the airport put me off.
I now use The limo Pattaya, following recommendations here & they have been good for the last 2 years. Hopefully they will show in 3 hours time for the next trip.

#7 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

My hotel in Bangkok just gave me an eye watering 9000Bt quote 

it sounds like one of those "buy 9 get one free" offers

#8 ggobkk

ggobkk

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

I’ve used P.T. Taxi service and Mikes Pattaya taxi. Both responsible and on time for trips to/from Bangkok/Pattaya. Prices in the 1100 to 1200 range.

#9 rollingstone

rollingstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

Never encountered pee stops or any other stops with Toom taxi service. Not even once. But your miles may vary.

#10 bkkguy

bkkguy

Intolerant Crap Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Like z909 I used Mr Toom for years but have now given up on them because over the last two year just about every journey involved a pee/coffee/fuel stop, too many of the drivers spent too much time focused on their mobile phones rather than their driving and increasing older vehicles - my last trip the driver was 30 minutes late (no call), had an old 6 seater minivan with the worst seats and worst suspension I have ever encountered, stopped for coffee (and looked like he needed it) then took the wrong expressway exit in BKK adding an hour stuck in traffic to an already tedious journey

yes some of their drivers and cars are OK and their prices are cheap but on average you very much get what you pay for and I have decided I would rather pay a few hundred baht more for a better experience

bkkguy

#11 forky123

forky123

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

I too use thelimopattaya.com. Not as cheap as the cheapest but very good value and they are always there 30 minutes ahead of time and I’ve never had an issue with them in all my trips with them.

#12 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

just in case somebody new wanders here reminder that all indignities mentioned above may be avoided by taking a bus from either Ekkamai bus station or Airport itself, for truly economizing SRT provided daily weekday train from Hualampong ar 6.55 a.m. 

#13 CurtisD

CurtisD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Thank you all for the recommendations. I have booked a car with thelimopattaya. 

#14 z909

z909

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

just in case somebody new wanders here reminder that all indignities mentioned above may be avoided by taking a bus from either Ekkamai bus station or Airport itself, for truly economizing SRT provided daily weekday train from Hualampong ar 6.55 a.m. 

If I were moving from a hotel in Bangkok to one in Pattaya, then it would be perfectly satisfactory to catch a bus from Ekkamai. I have done this on some trips in the past.   

When time is more limited, due to flights, I think it's worth splashing out for a taxi.

As for the train, the last time I looked, it took several hours, which is just ridiculous.  Some of the other train routes leaving Bangkok have a more competitive service, which I have used & enjoyed, but the service to Pattaya does not look interesting. 

#15 Travellerdave

Travellerdave

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Interests:Thai boys twinks

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

I avoid taxis and mini buses, not on the grounds of cost, but for safety reasons. You are much safer on the big buses such as Bell Travel from the airport to Pats. Thailand has seven times the number of road deaths than the UK , with about the same population. I have heard people boasting that they did airport to Pats in less than 90 minutes. That would be travelling at 85mph plus, a few feet from the car in front weaving from lane to lane, with the driver talking on his phone.

#16 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:51 PM

Reason I brought into thread  bus/train alternatives ( there are also vans ) was just to pont out that there are other options.

We , old hands know them but there are those who are planning excitingly their first trip to Thailand or in fact first foray to Pattaya, combing this forum among other sources and they can't be left with an impression that car / taxi are only option of getting to Pattaya

What we choose depends on parameters  like budget, time available, safety and fun factor ( chances your car driver will be eye candy are not that high ) which vary from person to person or even from  trip  to trip.

As a side note regarding train, I never took it but when one considers door to door timing and lives in Suriwong / Silom area it's not that absolute nonsense.

One of our readres left BBB Inn at 6.30, took MRT /subway from San Yan to Hualampong and was in his Pattaya hotel at 11.00,  4 1/2 hrs total, quite a bit but undersigned once waited 2 hours at Victory Monument for empty space in van to Pattaya.

Best thing is  - there are alternatives and plenty of them from 31 baht train to 9000 hotel limo 

#17 z909

z909

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

I avoid taxis and mini buses, not on the grounds of cost, but for safety reasons. You are much safer on the big buses such as Bell Travel from the airport to Pats. Thailand has seven times the number of road deaths than the UK , with about the same population. I have heard people boasting that they did airport to Pats in less than 90 minutes. That would be travelling at 85mph plus, a few feet from the car in front weaving from lane to lane, with the driver talking on his phone.

I agree that big buses are safer than those mini-buses.  For that reason, I would prefer a large bus over a mini-bus.  

As for the taxi, well on my trip earlier this week, I left Mosaik Pattaya at 8:30 am & arrived at BKK at 9:50 am, so 1 hour 20 minutes, exactly the same as the duration of the trip on the previous 2 years.  The driving was fine & I was wearing a seat belt in the back of a Camry.  Google has this as 120 km, so that's 75 miles.  Which means an average speed of 56mph.   I would have thought he was doing ~65mph on the dual carriageway.

Whatever you do, wearing a seat belt is important.

#18 alkoe

alkoe

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

hello,

normally i took always a regular taxi from the airport to Pattaya, but i own a little bus company so I´m always interested to go by bus in Thailand. My problem is - my bagagge is always huge with 23 kg plus a big hand luggage - would i have problems with that going by public bus?

#19 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

- my bagagge is always huge with 23 kg plus a big hand luggage - would i have problems with that going by public bus?

I doubt but with my 8 kg who I'm to give an advice? LOL 

#20 z909

z909

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

They have luggage storage under the floor on the long distance buses, so it's no problem at all. Just keep valuables in your carry on luggage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users