#1 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

POPULAR

Happy to report that last night it was grand opening of that new bar  located just beside Screwboys, at at 12.45 a.m. about 10 boys in attendance , few patrons but as it turned out I was first ever to off boy from here to a great applause of everybody present when it was announced.

Hope it brings good luck to them, getting an off in the first day

Boys regular , next door type but at least 3 attractive enough for me to consider and execute an off.

Not a lot of space inside . Drink 380, off fee 600, this is too high in my opinion but at least my long time companion was not in rush to leave in the morning so I consider this bar as part of offerings to be considered. 

#2 denny59

denny59

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

The bars are I think now too pricey...for visitors ok,,,staying few days,,$$$ to spend on this..but for those living in BKK..I feel the prices are too high..

#3 z909

z909

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

380x2 + 600 = 1360

Tokyo Boys & almost Tokyo pricing.
Inclusive of all fees, it's about JPY 15000 for short time in Tokyo, so 4500 baht.

Maybe 3~3500 in Bangkok. In Tokyo you would get precisely 1 hour of high quality service, in the only country that I know of where the boys have a better attitude than Thailand.

In Bangkok, short time from the bars is typically under an hour.

Of course, there is a huge price differential between the countries for long time.

#4 rollingstone

rollingstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

... , few patrons but as it turned out I was first ever to off boy from here to a great applause of everybody present when it was announced...

If I were the boss  first off I would not charge an off fee. Of course TiT.

#5 abang1961

abang1961

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

I believe the boss is trying to recoup his investment as soon as possible when there is still curiosity during this honeymoon period.

Once the novelty wears off, prices have to fall - it is a supply vs demand, Economics 101. He must have a harem of POSTER boys to justify charging the high prices. Otherwise quite sadly, this business venture is doomed to fail from the start.

I don't know about this bar business but the general rule of thumb is that the investment should be recouped by the 10th month.

After that, the revenue should offset the expenditure.   However, with most entertaining venues, the shelf-life is just 2 years before a newer establishment takes over.

#6 reader

reader

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:04 AM

Prices are on high side but they may being testing what market will bear. Just heartened to hear that another contender has entered the market on Patpong 2.  I'd like to believe that the Surawong end of the soi will become the successor to Twilight. The location IMO has much going for it, especially ease of access and 24/7 foot traffic.  Soi 4 is a 5-minute walk and there are plenty of massage shops in neighborhood. Not ready to give up on brick-and-mortar yet.

#7 ggobkk

ggobkk

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:15 AM

Salute to the Forum's intrepid Vinapu for setting standards for ground breaking!

#8 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

The bars are I think now too pricey...for visitors ok,,,staying few days,,$$$ to spend on this..but for those living in BKK..I feel the prices are too high..

I agree but as always in such a cases there are 4 solutions, scale back on activities or gnash your teeth and pay or try to bargain it down or find cheaper sources, beauty of Thailand is that all of above are available.

Particularly those living there or even on longer vacation can easily built whole schedule for boys outside of their working hours.

#9 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

If I were the boss  first off I would not charge an off fee. Of course TiT.

I'd be happy beneficiary of such a situation but realistically - what kind of boss would run a business giving stuff for free in the beginning to a customers who may not even show up again? 

#10 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

Prices are on high side but they may being testing what market will bear. Just heartened to hear that another contender has entered the market on Patpong 2.  I'd like to believe that the Surawong end of the soi will become the successor to Twilight. The location IMO has much going for it, especially ease of access and 24/7 foot traffic.  Soi 4 is a 5-minute walk and there are plenty of massage shops in neighborhood. Not ready to give up on brick-and-mortar yet.

We shouldn't forget that patpong side of street has longer opening hours, at 1 when soi closes, Screwboys is starting their second show

#11 abang1961

abang1961

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Yes, prices are high but are the boys available TOP-NOTCH?

As drool-worthy as these ...

https://www.instagra...ansyungfitness/

https://www.instagra...ikaphotography/

https://www.instagram.com/troy1980328/

#12 spoon

spoon

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

I'd be happy beneficiary of such a situation but realistically - what kind of boss would run a business giving stuff for free in the beginning to a customers who may not even show up again?

In most places, the center collects everything so in case of a bar, u pay one fee, and the boy gets their cuts from the bar after. Either way, bar/center will always gets their cuts anyway unless the boy go freelance. Thai bar are just being honest of what the bar gets and i think they should be applaud for being upfront.

#13 z909

z909

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Gogo bars & the associated services have got more expensive over the last 10 years or so.

Some of that is down to price increases & some is down to currency movements.   Considering simple economics, we shouldn't expect an indefinite disparity in incomes that permits working & middle class westerners to fly to places like Thailand & hire prostitutes cheaply.  

The reality is prices have gone up & quite possibly may continue to go up, particularly if measured in our own currencies.

So we need to deal with that.

At home, financial solutions could include ensuring we're maxing out our incomes, investing it wisely & not spending large sums putting a depreciating BMW on the drive, or spending about £5000 a year at Starbucks.

On holiday, it would be almost a waste of a holiday not to splash out and visit some gogo bars whilst in Bangkok.   

However, doing that continuously for 2, 3, 4 weeks would be rather expensive.  So having seen the gogo bars, it's not difficult to switch to Planet Romeo, travel down to Pattaya or go on a more varied tour of SE Asia, checking out what's on offer via the phone apps. 

#14 bucknaway

bucknaway

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

I'm waiting for Qatar Airways to offer ticket prices similar to what I paid in the past. My trip is in September but if fares don't come down to earth I may go to Brazil instead. The USD is getting strong there.

I wonder if we will see 41 bht to the usd again? Could happen?

#15 paulsf

paulsf

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

Quite a few good fares out there to Bkk starting in September. But Qatar is one where you will have hard time finding low fares.
They are going through some internal money issues and changing up lots of services. Their fare are going up. But they did just have a great fare sale out of Miami for September and October. Over now, but you do have to check fares constantly if your looking for really cheap fares.

#16 bucknaway

bucknaway

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

I have Google in kayak monitoring the flight cost for the trip. I have grown so use to the ease of travel with Qatar airways there I don't want to bother with the hassle the others bring

#17 paulsf

paulsf

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

I like and use Qatar myself. Just right now they are going through lots of changes these last few weeks. Read flyertalk. Lots of people that swear by them are steering clear for now.

#18 zoomy02

zoomy02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:21 AM

Good to hear of the new Tokyo Boys. I will look when I'm back in a few weeks. Last month Screwboys bar were cheaper at 300 bt for a beer and 500 bt off fee but great to see more boy bars on Patpong soi 2. I've had one drink at the new Freshboys up the stairs above those bars. Are they still doing what appears to be a soft opening?

#19 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

I've had one drink at the new Freshboys up the stairs above those bars. Are they still doing what appears to be a soft opening?

yes , at the time they operate both outlets  , in soi Twilight and above Screwboys , they put  show  in new place even if thertec were only 2 customers myself included when I was there Friday night

#20 TomNg

TomNg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

yes , at the time they operate both outlets  , in soi Twilight and above Screwboys , they put  show  in new place even if thertec were only 2 customers myself included when I was there Friday night

So how was the show?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users