9 replies to this topic

#1 Promsak

Promsak

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

Flying Bangkok to Phuket of first time in yonks.

Is it still not possible to hand carry liquids etc. as hand luggage.

I had a feeling that I read recently that rules had been relaxed and Thaivisa search proved less than useless at finding information.. Thanks.

#2 TMax

TMax

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:Sex, motor bikes, travel, sex, cars, gardening, sex, movies, reading and sex

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

Not sure about domestic but every time I fly out of Suvarnabhumi they are only allowing the 100ml of liquids, so many people have to drink or dump the water they have with them.

#3 Uranus

Uranus

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

And even a half empty 125 ml tube will be confiscated.

#4 Jasper

Jasper

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:46 PM

I took a domestic flight with Air Asia from Don Muang airport last year. I had a bottle of liquid over 150ml in my hand luggage as I didn’t think domestic would be so strict like international flights. Contrary to my prediction, at the X-ray search, I was told it’s not possible to carry into the cabin and I need to check in the small luggage as checked in luggage.
I hurried back to the Air Asia Desk paid few thousand baht penalty for the checked in luggage.

#5 baobao

baobao

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

True about the partial half-full items. Two ounces of liquid in a six ounce container still doesn't pass. I bring a couple of empty 2-ounce bottles and fill them if I have to take a short trip with just a carry on. 

#6 vinapu

vinapu

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:59 AM

I hurried back to the Air Asia Desk paid few thousand baht penalty for the checked in luggage.

you mean ' few hundred " ? 

#7 spoon

spoon

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:42 AM

Few thousand sounds right, always prebook baggage with them or suffer the consequences

#8 faranglaw

faranglaw

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Mozart, cuddles, bridge, my marriage, cultural differences, food, smooth young slim men. Not necessarily in that order!

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:11 AM

Why would anyone assume the rules are more relaxed for domestic flights? This seems like a no brainer to me. Assume the most strict rules and pack accordingly. It's not that difficult.

#9 Promsak

Promsak

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:10 AM

Why would anyone assume the rules are more relaxed for domestic flights? This seems like a no brainer to me. Assume the most strict rules and pack accordingly. It's not that

Any chance you could find time to READ the message?

I said that I had a feeling that I had read recently that rules had been relaxed.

What was a 'no brainer' about that?

#10 faranglaw

faranglaw

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Mozart, cuddles, bridge, my marriage, cultural differences, food, smooth young slim men. Not necessarily in that order!

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:44 AM

Any chance you could find time to READ the message?
I said that I had a feeling that I had read recently that rules had been relaxed.
What was a 'no brainer' about that?

Having a feeling you read that the rules were relaxed does not seem to me reason enough to take the risk. But the consequences might turn out to nothing on a domestic flight so maybe it won't matter. It's your choice of course, but why invite trouble when it's easy not to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users